1. - 10. June 2020
We have an open call for a 10 day Artist in Residence slot, which includes the four day workshop "The Camera as Political Apparatus" by Mathieu Asselin & Sergio Valenzuela Escobedo. The residency is open for application to all artists working with camera based art.
It is possible to apply for only the residency (both selections are made in the application form). The aim of the residency is to welcome a talented artist to participate in the workshop with their project, and receive an additional four days to continue their work on the project with the access to a variety of production facilities and possibilities of one-to-one practical tutorials. We encourage artists to use the extended days to work on their project in a presentation mode (photobook dummy, exhibition sketches, extended portfolio etc).
The chosen artist will get all costs covered (workshop, travel, accommodation, food, materials),
Facilities available on site include a digital booth with editing/post production facilities, digital photographic printing, analogue darkroom, paper and negative scanning, small photo studio, book binding workshop.
The selected artist will receive materials of own choice up to 300 EUR (photo paper, materials for photobook dummy etc). This will be agreed after dialogue with the artist and NOUA.
The AiR is funded by Nordland County Council.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Accommodation will be facilitated at Nordland kultursenter, private room with shared bathroom & kitchen. It is about 20 min walk to the city center and workshop facilities. A bursary of 400 EUR can be given for those who want to book other accommodation.
- Travel will be funded up to 400 EUR, Atelier NOUA will book preferred method of traveling, after close dialogue (see Visit for more information).
- Shared lunches will be included every day of the workshop. For the remaining five days a per diem of 300 NOK (around 30 EUR) will be allocated for food.
- It is not possible to cancel the residency once agreed.
- The selected artist will be notified mid February.